First, I achieved Beachbody’s Elite Coach status for the 4th year in a row! And then -- I was FLOORED when I was named Master Trainer MVP for 2013!
WOW! It’s hard to describe what these two honors mean to me.
To be a Team Beachbody Elite Coach once is wonderful - 4 years in a row is a true milestone. Elite Coaches are in the TOP 1% of an incredible team of Beachbody coaches….there are over 140,000 Team Beachbody coaches in the US and Canada. There are only 6 coaches in the network who've achieved Elite Coach 4 years in a row....and it is super humbling to know I am one of them.
Master Trainer MVP’s come from a pool of former Master Trainer of the Year winners. I was named “Master Trainer of the Year” in 2007 - just two years after becoming a Master Trainer...and now, to be named MVP - is SURREAL! To be included in this group of professionals...well, it doesn't quite feel real. The air is very rare here as well...there been only a handful of Master Trainer MVP's in the history of the company.
These two awards, to me, mean that together with my incredible team, we've aspired to help as many people as possible, we've aspired to change lives, we've aspired to make a difference. We've aspired to serve and share and lead. I aspire everyday to help folks understand that fitness, health, and wellness is not negotiable and that good health CAN fit in our lives in a way that works for us! This is why I do what I do -- to inspire others to be the best they can be!
It blows my mind to think just 5 years ago we had trouble paying our bills and hadn't taken a family vacation in 5 years! 5 years!! That's a sad amount of lost time!! It blows my mind to think 5 years ago, we didn't know HOW we were going to live any differently, how we would make our big goals and dreams come true, how we could DESIGN the life we WANTED to lead.
Here are the 10 lessons I’ve learned on this journey that have helped me succeed:
- Every year- heck, every DAY- you have to adjust, tweak, learn, and grow in order to achieve.
- You have to BELIEVE in the power of the opportunity, products and positive impact you can have on someone’s life.
- You have to set intentions and go after them with determination.
- You have to sacrifice. There are times you have to say no....so you can say YES to other more amazing opportunities.
- You have to grow and be confident in your intentions even when people poke fun at your goals.
- You have to focus on our intentions and continually work on aligning your behaviors with those intentions.
- You have to get over yourself, be vulnerable, admit you don't know it all, step up when you have something of value to share and sit down when you don't.
- You have to be coachable, very very coachable - you have to be willing to learn.
- You have to be consistent.
- You have to get uncomfortable.
This business FORCES me to get uncomfortable, to learn, to grow, and wow, am I thankful for the lessons it continues to put in front of me.
The awards, titles and opportunities are icing on the cake to the friendships, experiences, and life-change...that's the real prize. Every morning when my feet hit the floor, I am itching to get to 'work' because I love it so much....love working with my challenge groups, love working with my coaches, love teaching classes, love my class members...to still feel those 'first day jitters' - even after 10 years as a master trainer - is such a blessing!! Every class, every challenge group, every new coach, every new customer is a chance to provide what I call a "Disney" experience: to create a little magic, to inspire, to share my love for fitness and health, to motivate, to remind folks that dreams do come true.
So....in 2014, the bar raises again. Together with my team - we will work hard. We will learn. We will get better. W will grow professionally. Most importantly, we will grow personally. Because that's how it's done. That's who we are. We are Team Beachbody - customers, coaches, Master Trainers, friends - and we are making a difference every day.