I'm excited to share this week's #FierceFoodFriday recipe as it is one of my absolute favorites.
Not only is it delicious and healthy but it is also from Disney, so you know it's extra magical.
Please let me know what you think!
Kale Salad With Dried Cherries, Almonds and Goat Cheese
Serves 6-8 as side salad or 4 as entrée
- 1/2 bunch kale leaves, tough stems removed, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 fresh Brussels sprouts, stems removed and sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped radicchio leaves
- 1/2 cup fine shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa (approximately 1/3 cup uncooked, follow package directions)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, for topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, for topping
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Mix together all ingredients for Kale Salad in large bowl. For vinaigrette, place shallots, vinegar and honey in blender or food processor. Blend on low and slowly add olive oil until blended. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, toss salad with desired amount of white balsamic vinaigrette and top with goat cheese and toasted almonds. (Refrigerate any unused balsamic vinaigrette.)