Memorial Day is the official kick off to summer! Barbecues, pool parties and travel are likely on your agenda, both now and for the next few months -- but the idea of getting out of your food and fitness routine starts might stress you out. I get it, seriously. I've been there. I used to get SO stressed when I was "off" my routine during summer trips to the lake. But with age and experience does come wisdom. I have learned, Memorial Day is just ONE weekend. It is just food. Let's not get too worked up about it. Sometimes that's easier said than done, but what has helped me tremendously is to have a PLAN with some built in flexibility. The more we plan ahead and have ALL the toolx in our toolbox, the more we can enjoy our holiday weekend (or summer vacation) without the guilt or derailing our hard work.
Pack YOUR food
There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying some of the treats at the cookout, but there is also nothing wrong with bringing your own staples.
These are must-haves...
Pack your workouts
One of the best ways to stay on track while traveling is to KEEP MOVING! When we work out we are more likely to make better food choices. Thanks to Beachbody on Demand making fitness non-negotiable is easier than ever! Simply pull up your workouts on your laptop, iPad or phone and press play! Worried about not having wifi? No problem! You can actually download some workouts directly to your device before you leave home. So really...the guess work is gone and the opportunity for excuses is gone...guess we'll all have to just lace up and make it happen right? 😏
Pack some grace
Last but not least, grant yourself some grace.
This one is often the most challenging for us. But with some simple mindset shifts that I'm learning in my 2B Mindset Fierce Fit group, it is possible to be healthy and stay on track while enjoying life, family and travel at the same time. Put it this way.....when we get to the end of our lives, chances are we won't say we wish we would have eaten more carrots and celery. We will probably think about how we should have created more experiences with our families, said yes more often, taken better care of ourselves so we had more energy to play and run and ENJOY life.
So do that when you travel. ENJOY life. And YES that means living our healthiest life, physically AND mentally. Perhaps that means going for a walk or run or doing yoga in a beautiful new location. It may also mean occasionally having the cookie. If we focus on living our healthiest life, most everything evens out in the wash.
So relax, have fun, enjoy time with family. We don't have to be perfect - we just have to be human.
The best version of ourselves that we can be.
Nutrition. What to eat. When to eat. How much to eat.
It all can feel so overwhelming to the point where we are paralyzed.
But we don't have to feel that way.
After all, it's just food, right? We don't have to feel challenged by nutrition or overwhelmed by trying to figure out what to do.
Maybe you are an emotional eat.
Maybe you don't know how to fix nutritious meals for your family.
Maybe you don't know how to shop at your grocery store without filling your cart with junk.
Maybe you're a female on planet Earth - meaning you probably have some food demons and you are TOTALLY NORMAL!!
FINALLY - we have a new tool that can help us figure it all out and lose weight, for good.
The 2B Mindset is a nutrition education program that will help us all learn how to eat to live, as opposed to living to eat!
This plan is right in line with my mantra: KEEP IT SIMPLE!
X - no food restrictions
X - no calorie counting
X - no complicated point system
Fierce Fit Group Starts May 21
I'd love for you to be part of my 2B Mindset Fierce Fit group starting May 21.
Let's get better, together. Let's get results, together.
Email me to get started, or start shopping now! See the amazing 2B Mindset transformations below.
As always, reach out with any questions, I'm here to help!
2B Mindset Transformations
Meet Ilana. She has been there! She struggled with her weight and emotional eating all her life until she changed her mindset. She figured out how to eat a lot of food AND lose a lot of weight at the same time. 100 lbs to be exact.
Now, as the creator of 2B Mindset she is sharing her principles and proven strategies that have helped her lose weight and keep it off without without giving up your favorite foods.
Mike is down 38.5 pounds...and counting thanks to his new mindset!
"I know that I’m going to be at a healthy weight for the rest of my life. I can’t call this a diet, this is something that has changed my life. Literally, has changed the way I look at food. It’s not the enemy. I can enjoy anything I want."
Last New Year's, Sheryl M promised herself that she'd celebrate her 50th birthday at the same weight she was at 40. She crushed that New Year's resolution with the 2B Mindset and lost 35 pounds and has kept it off for 6 months!
"I feel like myself again. It isn't just the way I look. It's the feeling of power and control. It renews my belief in myself!"
In my 17+ years as a health and fitness professional I've been fortunate enough to help thousands of people dig deep and find their fierce. But over the years, I've noticed that even when rocking a workout and killing their burpees, many times, a lot of the times, my people still struggle with the nutrition part of the equations.
They've shared, "I was doing really well this week, then I fell off the wagon this weekend."
Well, let me ask you this, what if there wasn't a wagon to fall off of?
What if you were able to finally get a hold of this 'nutrition thing' and figure it out in a way that works for you, in your life...your real life?
What if you were able to lose weight, enjoy that cookie, slice of pizza or even glass of wine, without the guilt?
How would that FEEL?
Maybe you're an emotional eater? How would it feel to learn how to overcome this challenge?
What would it be like if you got off the yo-yo dieting train...for GOOD?
Well, fierce friends, I have good news. All this IS possible, for you...AND ME! We have a brand new program, 2B Mindset, that will change your relationship with food...and it will change your life!
Fierce Fit Group Forming
Here's what you need to know....this plan is right in line with my mantra...KEEP IT SIMPLE! There are:
X - no food restrictions
X - no calorie counting
X - no complicated point system
I'll be learning and following the this system right along with you, because we all have our issues with food, even me. I'd love for you to be part of my 2B Mindset Fierce Fit group starting May 21, let's get better, together.
2B Mindset is for people who:
• Want to lose weight, but don't like to exercise
• Exercise but struggle with their nutrition and do not see the weight loss results they want
• Love food, love to eat big portions, and love to feel full
• Are tired of yo-yo dieting but want to maintain their lifestyle
• Want an easy-to-follow way to lose weight without strict rules, like cutting food groups, counting calories or eating small portions
• Cannot exercise due to injury/illness but want to lose (or maintain) weight through better eating habits
• Have experienced emotional eating and want to be free from obsessing about food and feeling overwhelmed by food choices
What is included?
Your 2B Mindset kit includes:
• Permanent streaming access to all 2B Mindset videos, including:
- 21 short videos that teach the basic principles of the program, including how to understand food groups, what to eat and when, Ilana's proven secrets to a positive mindset, plus real-life strategies for managing any eating situation (i.e., eating out at restaurants, while on a trip, for vegans/vegetarians, etc.)
- 5 videos that help address the most common challenges to losing weight and establishing a healthier relationship with food
- 15 recipe videos where Ilana shows you how to cook her favorite time-saving, delicious and satisfying meals…in no time
• The Getting Started Guide, which includes step-by-step instructions for putting the program into action
• My Go-to-Guide, a handy resource that accompanies the videos, featuring food lists, grocery shopping lists and more
• 2B Mindset Recipes booklet, a collection of Ilana's favorite healthy meals, which can be printed for handy reference
• My Tracker, a 90-day journal you can use to track your meals, progress, and all the daily inputs that can influence your weight loss journey and success
• A special 30 oz water bottle that helps get you drinking more water with Ilana's motivational sayings to keep you on track
• Starting on 6/4/18, you'll have access to the Beachbody Nutrition+ App that lets you view all 2B Mindset videos (and program materials) on-the-go, and gives you a place to track your meals and your progress, right on your mobile device (iOS only)
Lose Weight Happily
Are you ready to take charge and lose weight happily? Let's get started...together! Email me with any questions, I'll be waiting for your message.
Married to a college football coach, 3 daughters, Beachbody Master Trainer and Coach, Disney fanatic, aspire to inspire, serve others, and be a force of passion. Meet Julie!